Ferncast, developer of innovative audio transmission software solutions for professional live audio applications, is excited to launch the Mini category, which is part of its new product class the Audio Codec Servers (ACS). ACS combine the advantages of tried and tested 24/7 aixtream COMPACT software and the flexibility and full scalability of server installation with the convenience of traditional hardware boxes. The Mini products distinguish themselves with their combination of extremely small size and flexible power.
7 new products are now available, designed for 7 fields of application:
- Compact Multi-Codec Streaming Box (OTT online streaming)
- Compact SIP Call Box (SIP communication)
- Compact STL Audio Linker (Studio Transmitter Links)
- Compact Podcast Processor Box (Audio on Demand)
- Compact DVB Codec & Muxer (DVB multiplexing)
- Compact Loudness Processor Box (Loudness)
- Compact Audio Transcoder Box (Transcoding)
Key features of the Mini include:
- Power for multiple audio applications
- Application can be expanded after initial purchase with expansion packages.
- AES67 input + other inputs via USB (analog, AES/EBU, MADI, Dante)
- Compact form factor for easy logistics and great portability
- Quick access via Wifi to user interface with QR code scan
- The modern and intuitive aixtream user interface
Ferncast sets new expectations for the audio market with the launch of Mini as they are the most optimal combination of small size and power available. They are the handy, small size, low power consumption choice among Audio Codec Servers. It is small enough to be easily transported but still allows up to 10 mono, stereo or multichannel programs. While the Mini itself does not come equipped with any classical audio interfaces, it still supports I/O besides AES67 and Ravenna via third-party USB audio interfaces. 6 USB ports ensure the operator can connect all audio interfaces and peripherals they require. This makes it fully customizable to the customer’s requirements.
Additionally, the Mini enhances the user experience with the aixtream UI. The PIPE concept and other Ferncast developments ensure the operators enjoy a modern user experience and can perform their configurations at revolutionary speed.
All the Mini boxes are globally available and will be presented at the IBC2022 in Amsterdam at Ferncast stand 8F89.
You can also visit their website to learn more about the new products:
About Ferncast GmbH: Ferncast is a company for software-based audio streaming, broadcasting and recording solutions which combines expertise and experience in audio transmission and audio streaming technologies for radio and broadcasting industries. They develop innovative software solutions for any live audio applications with an eye towards installable software solutions and cloud-based services on servers and other platforms. They are dedicating their research and development resources to continuously develop and improve aixtream – a software solution for various real-time audio applications.